Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, there were
· 14 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers, totaling $230,706
· two satisfied judgments for $11,541 and
· no bankruptcies
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
· Crouse had three, totaling $423, after the credit for the satisfied judgments was applied
· St Joe’s had five totaling $76,042
· SUNY Upstate had seven, for $136,434
A local dentist filed the remaining judgment for $6,266.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.