Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, there were
· five new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers, totaling $36,023
· no satisfied judgments and
· no bankruptcies.
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
· Crouse had three, totaling $21,341
· St Joe’s had one, totaling $7,861
· SUNY Upstate got the last, for $6,821
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.