Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 54 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $1,171,594.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $18,352.
· And there were three health care related bankruptcies, for $36,964.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had 28, totaling $474,776
· St Joe’s had eight, for $282,652
· SUNY Upstate had 20, totaling $457,940
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had one, $11,542
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.