Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 39 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $764,274.
· There were no satisfied judgments.
· And there was one healthcare related bankruptcy, for $18,886.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had sixteen, for $227,252
· St Joe’s had two, for $27,204
· SUNY Upstate had 21, totaling $523,223
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.