Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were twelve new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $378,335.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $5,555.
· There were two health care related bankruptcies listed, totaling $57,154.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had seven, totaling $67,657
· St Joe’s had four, totaling $276,842
· SUNY Upstate had three, for $79,218
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.