Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 22 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $335,104.
· There were four satisfied judgments, totaling $34,118.
· And, there were three health care related bankruptcies, totaling $83,275.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had seven, totaling $102,931
· St Joe’s had two, totaling $26,640
· SUNY Upstate had 16, totaling $227,134
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had one, for $16,006
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.